The idea of having a pet dog sounds appealing to everyone, but it is not everyone’s cup of tea to raise a healthy dog. It takes a lot of effort to make sure that your dog is healthy. With pet dogs, we develop a lot of love and affection for them and it will hurt to see them in distress due to our negligence.
How to ensure the healthy living of your growing dog?
It is not hard to raise your dog healthy if you keep some small things in mind. Some of the most important things that make a huge difference are mentioned below:
- The very first thing to check is the food they consume. It is important to feed them food that is rich in nutrients, minerals, vitamins, and other necessary contents required for healthy growth. However, don’t overfeed them so that they start getting fatter instead of getting healthier. Check out more about dog obesity here!
- Keep them active by taking them with you for exercise. This will ensure that both you and your dog remain healthy. Although, make sure that you don’t make them go through tough exercises as you don’t want to put extra stress on their growing muscles and bones.
- Just like humans, dogs need vaccinations as well. Diseases like Parvovirus, Distemper, Hepatitis and Canine Cough are life-threatening and vaccinations can prevent such diseases. You must ask the breeder for the certificates related to the prior vaccinations the dog has received.
- A dog’s stomach contains a lot of different worms that can affect its health drastically. Intestinal worms are found in a dog tend to multiply quickly, causing bloating, digestion issues, and other gastrointestinal issues. Dogs need to be dewormed on a regular basis (every 3-6 months). Heartworm is another type of worm that is found in a dog and has the potential to infect the heart. This can be fatal. You must consult a vet regarding heartworm vaccination after your dog is over 6 months old.
- Spend quality time with your dog. Happiness is the key to a healthy life and it holds true for dogs as well. Dogs are the most loyal creatures known to mankind and nothing works better for them if their owner gives them appreciation and cuddle/ pet them.
We hope the above-mentioned tips will help you keep your dog healthy and happy.
DISCLAIMER: DogExpress does not endorse or take responsibility for the content in the guest post.
Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!