The story of Raja a local dog from the Ulwe is rather sad besides being a shocking case of animal cruelty. Raja an abandoned pet suffered brutal injuries on Sunday near the chest and mouth. It happened when some miscreants exploded a powerful firecracker next to it. One of Raja’s forelimbs has also been ripped off.
The dog was found in a terrible state in sector 20 by the animal feeders who took the dog to the Bombay SPCA hospital in Parel, Mumbai. The doctors informed about the dog’s critical condition.
Raja has been abandoned as a pet around two months ago by an Ulwe based man. Few feeders were taking their care, but on Sunday they were shocked to see its injured state. The dog somehow dragged itself from Sector 5 to Sector 20 in Ulwe after the firecracker was burst on its body.
Although the dog was crying in pain, Ulwe resident Safa Meman along with animal activist Seema Tank managed to take it to the BSPCA.
It is a serious case of animal cruelty and must not be taken lightly by the police. An FIR has also been launched against this animal cruelty.
Source: Times Of India